10 hours ago
Looking to move a lg couch from Damen and Addison to wrigleyville at Fremont and Addison
3 days ago
Updated 12 hours ago
I stopped in today to the old Staubers, which was sold to Lakeview Ace. The same staff folks are there, who have always been so neighborly and helpful. Just wanted you all to know they're back. I'm so glad. I'd much rather shop there than at a big box store.
18 hours ago
Updated 16 hours ago
Can anyone recommend a reasonable electrician or handyman who could hang 2 pendant lights over a kitchen island? My go to person doesn’t have the time. Thanks so much!
34 hours ago
Where: American Theater Company, 1909 W. Byron St.
Updated 44 hours ago
If I have a sump pump that discharges into sewer line and line backs up, what other options do I have, can I discharge into my yard?
5 days ago
Updated 2 days ago
Many on this forum talk about litigating, be it for some unneighborly thing or other. Well, here is your chance to read the behind the scenes workings of the Chicago Way in its entirety (link below - get some popcorn and settle in) and VOTE.
This is the culmination of 7 years of attorney fees and a waste of our taxpayer-funded court's time/resources, in my opinion, of course.
2 days ago
- 3900 block N. Lincoln Ave. Comment
4 days ago
I came home about 30 minutes ago (8:30PM) and couldn’t get through the intersection because of several squad cars blocking Junior. They didn’t have their lights on, but there were officers walking around, seemingly looking for something. Anyone know what’s going on?
5 days ago
Updated 4 days ago
Does anybody have an idea of when the Anytime Fitness on Rockwell will open? Their corporate website has no information.
6 days ago
• The Way Down Wanderers, Great Sky Band: 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, at Martyrs', 3855 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $12-$15. (773) 404-9494 or martyrslive.com.This article has 12 other Chicago locations (Show)
...Mile Lights Festival. Reservations are recommended for the free, family-friendly events. Hard Rock Cafe, 63 W. Ontario St., Chicago. Free. (312) 943-2252 or hardrock.com/cafes/chicago/. 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov...
...nights at The Hideout with Sports Boyfriend, Chicago goth-pop rocker Eileen Peltier. The Hideout, 1354 W. Wabansia, Chicago. $20. (773) 227-4433 or hideoutchicago.com. 9 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Nov...
• Columbia College Takeover, featuring Caving, Stratford, Summerbruise, Burly Gates and Friday Pilots Club: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 15, at East Room, 2354 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago. (773) 698-8774 or eastroomchicago.com.
• Hoodie Allen, Luke Christopher: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 16, at Vic Theatre, 3145 N. Sheffield Ave., Chicago. $30. (773) 472-0449 or victheatre.com.
• Aqueous, The North 41: 9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 16, at Lincoln Hall, 2424 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $15-$17. (773) 525-2501 or lh-st.com.
• Highly Suspect, Bones, DJ Redbees: 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, at House of Blues, 329 N. Dearborn St., Chicago. $26-$30. (312) 923-2000 or houseofblues.com.
• Swingin' Utters, Western Settings, Darius Koski, Top Shelf Lickers: 6:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, at Cobra Lounge, 235 N. Ashland Ave., Chicago. $16. (312) 226-6300 or cobralounge.com.
• W.C. & the Fam, The Belvederes, Vox Kakumeika: 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, at Reggies Music Joint, 2109 S. State St., Chicago. $8-$10. (312) 949-0120 or reggieslive.com.
• Bestman, Broken Holmes, Rakunk: 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, at Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. $6-$9. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• Mike & Joe: 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, at Trophy Room, 170 W. Ontario St., Chicago. $5; $10 at the door. (312) 600-6920 or events.wamilive.com.
• Mariah Carey "All I Want for Christmas Is You Tour": 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 18, at the Chicago Theatre, 175 N. State St., Chicago. $99.50-$150. (800) 745-3000 or thechicagotheatre.com.
• Scott Collins, The Hang Union, OUTDrejas, Spit G & the Most Low: 8 p.m Sunday, Nov. 19, at Elbo Room, 2871 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $5. (773) 549-5549 or elboroomlive.com.
Updated Nov 13
Hey neighbors, just letting you know that my catalytic converter was stolen off my Jeep parked on Mozart. I filed a police report, but I wanted you all to be on the lookout. There has been a wave of this crime on the NW side
Updated Nov 13
My engagement ring (a family heirloom) was stolen from my apartment by a burglar, and I realize that it's probably gone, but I'd still like to do my due diligence to try and find it. I've been looking at Craigslist, ebay, and some resale sites (offerup, facebook market). The detective assigned to our case looked through the pawn shop database but no luck.
Any other suggestions.
- 3900 block N. Damen Ave. Comment
Updated Nov 11
After having a package stolen from our porch, I am now using anAmazon pick up locker.There are locations all over mine is in a 24 hr. 7-11. It’s free, they email you when it’s coming and send you a barcode to open the locker. No hassle Great service to use especially during the holiday shopping season. Boz
2 Media mentions Multiple locations
1840 W. Irving Park Road 773-661-2469
We are looking for a Home that provides full assisted living for a 90 year old who can no longer afford to live independently or with supportive living ( unable to go to dining room, go to bathroom alone, etc.)
Thanks very much for any advice.