26 hours ago
Updated 3 hours ago
Heard 15-20 shots and saw 5 adult males brandishing guns on the 47 block of Ellis Saturday morning (approx 330am). Called 911 and the operator hung up on me. Do people really not care about the Southside that much???
7 hours ago
...has been an imminent threat for at least seven years. The red-brick building at 318-328 E. 43rd St. dates to 1897. It has hosted Nat King Cole and Muddy Waters performances, Pullman Porter...This article has 1 other Chicago location (Show)
The James R. Thompson Center, the futuristic state government building at 100 W. Randolph St., makes its second appearance on the list as Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration pursues a sale of the property that might allow demolition of the 1985 building.
31 hours ago
Updated 10 hours ago
You have venues on Northside and Downtown, what is the deal here? This has to stop, we like entertainment as much as the next person. Are our tax dollars being used to finance others entertainment?
3 days ago
- 400 block E. 43rd St. Comment
Motor vehicle theft
Jul 21 2015
Updated 5 days ago
I am proposing to Bronzeville residents that for one day out of the week we spend in our community as not only a way to demonstrate our purchasing power, but to contribute to the growth of home buisnesses who thought enough of us to invest with us.
- 4300 block S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Dr. Comment
Classroom fundraiser Mollison Elementary School
• 4400 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue. Car stolen sometime between 11:30 p.m. Wednesday and 7:15 p.m. Thursday.
• 4300 block of South King Drive, around 1:30 p.m. March 24.
• 4300 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue, around 9:30 p.m. April 10.
• 600 block of East 44th Street, between 8:10 a.m. and 6 p.m. April 11.
• 4300 block of South Vincennes Avenue, between 10 p.m. last Friday and 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
- 4500 block S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Dr. Comment
Updated Apr 16
A car crashed into multiple parked cars around 1 am last night on S Indiana, between 44th & 45th. I heard the sound of the crash but it took a few minutes to realize what had happened. 2 occupants of the car were arguing loudly. Police were called and showed up in 5 minutes. If you live on this block, you might want to check your car!