Added Jan 01 2018
The Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) in cahoots with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has increased air traffic,noise and air pollution affecting thousands of families in the way we live, learn, play. Homes bulldozed, forests destroyed, cemeteries relocated for additional runways that affect the quality of life for thousands. Aspects to be thankful for:
- No Rats under the flight paths. Mayor Rahm allocated millions to eradicate rats in parts of Chicago. The communities under the O’Hare Flight paths are relatively rat free. Those toxic jet fuel emissions showering our neighborhoods sure do a fine job.
- CDA customer service. CDA police seriously beat a passenger aboard an aircraft for refusal to give up a paid for seat. CDA Commissioner Evans used the treatment of O’Hare community neighbors as examples on how to treat the public.
- O’Hare area Departure Tax. Of the 20 largest cities, Chicago is the only to lose population. As more people leave due to airport pollution and other quality of life issues, Mayor Rahm is instituting a Departure Tax at the airports but on U-Hauls leaving the city.
- FAA, servant of the public. US Rep Steve Lynch dubbed the FAA as the most unresponsive agency in government.
- Lower Property taxes. The Cook county assessor lowered some property assessments due to the effect of aircraft noise on home values. Mayor Rahm then proceeded to increase property taxes for all.
- The O’Hare Noise redistribution program. The CDA and puppet ONCC instituted a runway rotation plan to redistribute night flights over our communities. Now you and your children will know when to expect sleep interruption as opposed to being surprised.
- Loving the IRS. The FAA has beat out the IRS as the most despised federal agency.
-The big engine that couldn't. As O'Hare is touted as the economic engine for the Chicago area, why is it then that local taxes keep rising and services keep getting cut. In the words of many local politicos…Where’s mine.