13 hours ago
...in Chicago's West Pullman neighborhood.Fire crews were called to a vacant home near East 120th Street and South Michigan Avenue on Tuesday.The firefighter is in stable condition at Metro South Hospital. The extent of...
2 days ago
Updated 16 hours ago
• A 33-year-old woman was wounded about 2:45 a.m. Sunday in the 11100 block of South Parnell Avenue in the Roseland neighborhood on the Far South Side. She was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious condition with a head wound.
...An 18-year-old woman was shot a few minutes after midnight in the 9700 block of South Greenwood Avenue in the Cottage Grove Heights neighborhood on the Far South Side. She was shot by...This article has 17 other Chicago locations (Show)
...grandmother's house for a July Fourth celebration, Hailey said. Someone opened fire in the 1100 block of North Harding Street about 11:55 p.m. Saturday, hitting the 7-year-old boy in the right...
Police officers blocked off the intersection of Harding Avenue and Thomas Street with yellow and red tape. The crime scene extended a half-block on Harding north of Thomas. Several neighbors gathered at each side of the scene, watching police officers.
...neighborhood on the South Side, police said, citing preliminary information. The shooting happened on the 7700 block of South South Shore Drive. The man was taken to South Shore Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said...
• About 4 a.m. Sunday, a man was shot in the 400 block of North Cicero Avenue in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side. The 25-year-old was hit in the left leg and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in stable condition, police said.
...Two men on a South Side porch in the 5100 block of South Princeton Avenue in the Fuller Park neighborhood were shot about 3:55 a.m. Sunday, police said...
...were shot after an argument about 3:20 a.m. Sunday near the intersection of Washington Boulevard and Leclaire Avenue in the Austin neighborhood. A 24-year-old was shot in the right leg. Three...
...condition. Someone fired at him from a gangway, police said. The shooting happened in the 7000 block of South Artesian Avenue...
• Someone shot a 27-year-old man in the chest about 2 a.m. Sunday in the 1900 block of East 71st Place in the South Shore neighborhood. The man was taken to a hospital with a chest wound. One person is in custody, and a weapon was recovered.
• A 24-year-old man was shot about 1:55 a.m. Sunday in the 5800 block of West Bloomingdale Avenue in the North Austin neighborhood on the West Side. He walked into West Suburban Medical Center with a groin wound and was transferred in critical condition to Loyola University Medical Center.
...neighborhood on the South Side, police said. The man was on a sidewalk in the 600 block of West 54th Street when a gunman walked up to him and fired shots, striking him in the chest...
• A 25-year-old man was shot about 1 a.m. Sunday in the Brighton Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side. He was shot in the 3200 block of West 38th Street and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• A 34-year-old man lighting fireworks was shot in the arm about 12:40 a.m. Sunday in the 4200 block of West 24th Street in the Little Village neighborhood on the Southwest Side. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he's expected to recover.
...Two teens were shot about 12:10 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of Hudson Avenue in the Old Town neighborhood on the Near North Side. A 16-year-old boy...
• About 10:50 p.m. Saturday, a 20-year-old man was shot in the 4800 block of South Kilbourn Avenue in the Archer Heights neighborhood. on the Southwest Side He walked into a nearby firehouse and was taken to MacNeal Hospital in stable condition, police said. He suffered a forearm wound.
...a shooting in the Little Village neighborhood, police said. The man was walking in the 3000 block of South Trumbull Avenue when someone fired shots from a passing green van, police said. He was struck in...
...his late teens, lay in a pool of blood outside a condominium building in the 200 block of East Ohio about 10 p.m., and a shell casing was found nearby. Police said the man...
...p.m. Saturday, according to police. The two, 20 and 24, were shot in the 9200 block of South Forest Avenue in the West Chesterfield neighborhood on the South Side. Police parked in front of a...
22 hours ago
- 400 block W. 126th St. Comment
- 10900 block S. State St. Comment
- 200 block W. 105th St. Comment
- 9500 block S. Forest Ave. Comment
- 10600 block S. Rhodes Ave. Comment
- 11300 block S. State St. Comment
- 11800 block S. Yale Ave. Comment
- 10700 block S. La Salle St. Comment
- 10600 block S. State St. Comment
- 10200 block S. Calumet Ave. Comment
- 700 block W. 111th St. Comment
- 0 block E. 123rd St. Comment
- 11100 block S. Vernon Ave. Comment
- 11200 block S. Eggleston Ave. Comment
- 12200 block S. Wallace St. Comment
- 200 block W. 106th Pl. Comment
- 11900 block S. Calumet Ave. Comment
- 0 block E. 99th Pl. Comment
Motor vehicle theft
- 11200 block S. Michigan Ave. Comment
- 0 block W. 114th St. Comment
- 11900 block S. Eggleston Ave. Comment
- 10700 block S. Wentworth Ave. Comment
- 12400 block S. Wallace St. Comment
30 hours ago
A visitation for John and Willie Hunter is scheduled from 4-8 p.m. on Friday, July 10 at Gatling’s Chapel, 10133 S Halsted St., Chicago. The wake will take place on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. with the funeral following at 12:30 p.m.This article has 1 other Chicago location (Show)
John Hunter, 25, and his brother Willie, 31, were killed when someone walked up to the SUV they were sitting in and opened fire on Sunday morning in the 8800 block of South Bishop in the Auburn Gresham neighborhood, according to authorities.
32 hours ago
She is known to frequent the areas of 33rd Street and King Drive, 43rd Street and Lake Park Avenue, 117th Street and Halsted, and 60th through 65th streets between Cottage Grove and Stony Island.This article has 2 other Chicago locations (Show)
Cecily Clayton was last seen on June 24 near her home in the 1100 block of East 42nd Place, according to Chicago Police.
She is known to frequent the areas of 33rd Street and King Drive, 43rd Street and Lake Park Avenue, 117th Street and Halsted, and 60th through 65th streets between Cottage Grove and Stony Island.
2 Media mentions Multiple locations
40 hours ago
Police at the scene where a 33-year-old woman was wounded in the 11100 block of South Parnell Avenue in the Roseland neighborhood at about 2:45 a.m. Saturday, July 5, 2015. (E. Jason Wambsgans/Chicago Tribune)
41 hours ago
•A 24-year-old man was shot in the 10600 block of South Prairie Avenue in the Roseland neighborhood about 3:40 p.m. He was shot in the right armpit and driven to Roseland Hospital, and then transferred to Advocate Christ Medical Center, police said.This article has 11 other Chicago locations (Show)
The incident involving the two Missouri men happened about 6:10 a.m. in the 8800 block of South Bishop Street on the South Side, according to Officer Jose Estrada, a Chicago Police Department spokesman.
The victims were sitting in an SUV when someone fired at them. The SUV fled and crashed a few blocks away, in the 1600 block of West 89th Street. Police found the 25-year-old, believed to be the driver, with gunshot wounds. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center and pronounced dead.
The other homicide victim was 48-year-old Anthony Strong, of the 9200 block of South Harper Avenue in the Calumet Heights neighborhood, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.
...A 22-year-old man was shot in the 3700 block of West Harrison Street in the Homan Square neighborhood about 12:50 a.m. The man, 22, was standing...
•About the same time, a 22-year-old man was shot in the 1200 block of West 87th Street in the Gresham neighborhood. The boy was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital with a wound to his right arm, police said.
•A 52-year-old man was shot in the 400 block of East 76th Street in the Chatham neighborhood about 12:30 a.m. He was on a sidewalk when he heard shots and then felt pain, police said. His condition had stabilized.
...year-old woman and 33-year-old man were standing on the sidewalk in the 8000 block of South Stewart Avenue when two gunman approached them on foot and fired shots, police said. The woman was...
...A 22-year-old man was shot about 2:30 p.m. Sunday in the 4500 block of South Honore Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side, Lemmon said. The man...
...old man was shot in the stomach about 1:25 p.m. Sunday in the 8000 block of South Ellis Avenue in the East Chatham neighborhood on the South Side, according to Officer Veejay Zala, a...
...both legs, Estrada said. The man said he had been shot in the vicinity of West Chicago Avenue and North Spaulding Avenue in the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the West Side, but Estrada said police were unable...
...old man was shot in the abdomen about 11:15 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of North Mayfield Avenue in the South Austin neighborhood on the West Side, according to Estrada. The victim had...