38 min ago
• A Red Orchid Theatre has extended its production of "Accidentally, Like a Martyr," Grant James Varjas' dramedy about the denizens of a dive gay bar on Manhattan's Lower East Side. Performances run through March 15 at 1531 N. Wells St., Chicago. (312) 943-8722 or aredorchidtheatre.org.This article has 20 other Chicago locations (Show)
...Brenda Didier. Previews begin at 8 p.m. Friday, March 6, at No Exit Cafe, 6970 N. Glenwood Ave., Chicago. The show opens March 9. $39-$43. (800) 595-4849 or theo-u.org...
• "Oh What a Night!" -- a 1960s musical review featuring four male singers and a five-piece band -- run Fridays and Saturday, March 6 through April 18, at Music Comedy Live, 3110 N. Sheffield, Chicago. (773) 610-5930 or mclchicago.com.
...farmers market who disappears after one day. Performances begin Friday, March 6, at The Frontier, 1106 W. Thorndale Ave., Chicago. See jackalopetheatre.org...
...reading series at 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 6, at The Pride Rehearsal Space, 1411 W. Wilson St., Chicago. First up is P.H. Lin's "Zelda at the Oasis" about a day...
...Improv Productions are at 11 a.m. Friday, March 6, at the Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington St., Chicago, and 11 a.m. Saturday, March 7, at Garfield Park Conservatory, 300 N. Central...
...E. Washington St., Chicago, and 11 a.m. Saturday, March 7, at Garfield Park Conservatory, 300 N. Central Park Ave., Chicago. The free, family-friendly performances are part of the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs...
...but undefeated even as their neighborhood crumbles around them. Previews begin Saturday, March 7, at 170 N. Dearborn St., Chicago. The show opens March 16. It's the centerpiece of a citywide celebration of...
...Theatre Company takes theatergoers "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" beginning Sunday, March 8, at 3829 N. Broadway St., Chicago. Ensemble member Mike Mroch directs Clint Sheffer and Ann Sonneville's adaptation of the...
• Pride Films & Plays hosts its Afternoon Delight fundraiser from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday, March 8, at 1644 N. Ada St., Chicago. The $50 admission includes beer, wine, cocktails and entertainment. (773) 697-7069 or pridefilmsandplays.com.
...Women in the Arts fundraiser luncheon at noon Monday, March 9, at The Standard Club, 320 S. Plymouth Court, Chicago. Tickets are $300. They're available at (312) 654-5632 or by email at...
...families. John D. Glover directs the production, which opens Thursday, March 12, at Theater Wit, 1229 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago. (773) 975-8150 or kokandyproductions.com...
• Broadway in Chicago presents "The Illusionists -- Witness the Impossible." The spectacle, featuring seven magicians, runs from Tuesday, March 10, through March 22 at the Cadillac Palace Theatre, 151 W. Randolph St., Chicago. (800) 775-2000 or broadwayinchicago.com.
...Juan Villa's "Don Chipotle" at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 10, at Hopleaf, 5148 N. Clark St., Chicago. Inspired by Miguel de Cervantes' novel, the play incorporates puppetry and music to tell...
• The Annoyance Theatre's new show "1 on 1," showcasing two solo performers, opens Wednesday, March 11, at 851 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago. Also, the theater has extended the long-form improv show "Blackout" through March 25. (773) 697-9693 or theannoyance.com.
...s "Blue Bash" beginning at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, March 12, at Seyfarth Shaw, 131 S. Dearborn Ave., Chicago. WBEZ anchor Joan Esposito hosts the event, which includes live and silent auctions, open...
• Collaboraction extended its production of "Forgotten Future: The Education Project" examining Chicago's dysfunctional education system. Performances continue through March 22 at the Flat Iron Arts Building, 1579 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago. (312) 226-9633 or collaboraction.org.
...Redtwist theatre, 1044 W. Bryn Mawr, Chicago, has extended its revival of John Logan's "Red," about abstract expressionist Mark Rothko...
• The Uptown Underground, an adult-only entertainment space showcasing burlesque, cabaret and comedy shows, has opened at 4707 N. Broadway St., Chicago. See uptownunderground.net.
...feature the return of Mike Nussbaum, along with three Chicago premieres. The season begins at 615 W. Wellington Ave., Chicago, in August with a revival of Arthur Miller's "The Price" as part of...
...belongings. That's followed by the Chicago premiere of "Spill" (October-December at Stage 773, 1225 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago), Leigh Fondakowski's drama -- created in the style of "The Laramie Project" -- examining the...
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
Classroom fundraiser Cics-Chicago Quest
6 hours ago
14 hours ago
18 hours ago
...Style Emporium has moved a few steps away from its original underground Streeterville location to 1 East Delaware Place (urbanstyleemporium.com). Stop by the new location this weekend to check out the sleek lines...This article has 5 other Chicago locations (Show)
Ready to shed your winter skin? The Spa @ theWit (201 N State St., spaatthewit.com) is debuting two green-themed spa services that will be available for the...
...of the Chicago History Museum will host a special presentation dubbed Luxury Through the Decades (1658 N. Wells St., luxurygaragesale.com). From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., the Costume Council president will...
...cleaning at the International Home and Housewares Show, March 7 to 10 at McCormick Place (2301 S. Martin Luther King Dr., housewares.org/show). You’ll find cookware, home design, appliances, and enough organizational and cleaning...
Speaking of coats, is your beloved vintage fur on its last legs? Bring it to Buffalo Exchange (1478 N. Milwaukee Ave., buffaloexchange.com) and donate it to the Coats for Cubs program, which provides bedding to orphaned and injured wildlife. Real fur only, please.
On Saturday, Mignonette Bridal (1747 W. Belmont Ave, mignonettebridal.com) plans to throw a spring garden party for brides-to-be and others...
20 hours ago
...with one selection combining all three proteins into one dubbed the "WildBurger." Status: Certified open. 1234 N Halsted St.This article has 4 other Chicago locations (Show)
1) THE LOOP—Atwood has reopened after closing at the end of December for renovations. The restaurant, which brought on executive chef Brian Millman not long before the changes began, has added more seating and refreshed décor. Status: Certified open. 1 W. Washington St.
2) WEST ROGERS PARK—The Angry Crab, a cajun/creole spot where customers order seafood (shrimp, crab, crawfish, clams) by weight and pair their chosen protein with various sauces and spices, is officially open. Status: Certified Open. 5665 N. Lincoln Ave.
3) SOUTH LOOP—Spoke & Bird soft opened Tuesday in the former Cafe Society space with a liquor license in hand, serving breakfast and lunch. The café seats 26 people inside, while a forthcoming outdoor patio will seat 110. Status: Certified Open. 205 E. 18th St.
5) BEVERLY—Original Rainbow Cone will re-open for the season tomorrow, March 6, at noon. The first 50 people will get a free t-shirt for their grand opening on Saturday. Status: Opening tomorrow. 9233 S Western Ave.
30 hours ago
- 1500 block N. Sedgwick St. Comment
- 800 block N. State St. Comment
Motor vehicle theft
- 100 block W. Oak St. Comment
- 1200 block N. Sedgwick St. Comment
- 0 block W. Division St. Comment
- 400 block W. North Ave. Comment
- 1200 block N. Clybourn Ave. Comment
- 100 block W. Oak St. Comment
- 1200 block N. Dearborn St. Comment
30 hours ago
1030 N. State St. Comment
REPAIR/REPLACE DRYWALL IN UNIT 30E. ELECTRICAL ON SEPARATE PERMIT
1250 N. Dearborn St. Comment
PARKING GARAGE CONCRETE FLOOR, CEILING PATCHING, CAULKING, FLOOR SEALER & REPAINT PARKING STALL LINES.
1448 N. Lake Shore Dr. Comment
INTERIOR ALTERATIONS TO UNIT 12C TO REMOVE EXISTING WASHER/DRYER AND WASHTUB. REMOVE NON -LOAD BEARING PARTITION IN LIBRARY AND KITCHEN AS PER PLANS 2310 SQ FT.
1222 N. Wells St. Comment
INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED LED WALL SIGN ON EAST ELEVATION WITH 25 SQ FT OF TEXT.
31 hours ago
Chestnut Place, 850 N State St, is on the border of the Gold Coast and River North neighborhoods in a steps-to-everything location.
1111 North Dearborn apartments, Gold Coast
1000 North LaSalle apartments, Gold Coast adjacent
31 hours ago
649 Blackhawk Drive
31 hours ago
55 E North Avenue
38 hours ago
2 Media mentions Multiple locations
42 hours ago
At the time of the burglary, police said officers were called to the 1600 block of North Wells Street about 5 a.m. after a burglar alarm sounded at the store. When investigators arrived they found shattered glass in front of the Luxury Garage Sale store, 1658 N. Wells St., officials said.This article has 5 other Chicago locations (Show)
Police investigate a van wedged in the Neiman Marcus store in the 700 block of North Michigan Avenue in Chicago after it was used in a crash-and-grab burglary Dec. 10, 2014.
A Dodge Caravan plowed through the front door of EZ Pawn in the 6700 block of South Western Avenue on Tuesday. Several people swiped electronics and other items before fleeing on foot.
...made off with about $100,000 worth of purses, according to police. Darring, of the 3500 block of South Rhodes Avenue, was arrested Monday on a minor traffic violation in the 8600 block of South Morgan...
...block of South Rhodes Avenue, was arrested Monday on a minor traffic violation in the 8600 block of South Morgan Street, and officers determined he was wanted in connection with the burglary...
At the time of the burglary, police said officers were called to the 1600 block of North Wells Street about 5 a.m. after a burglar alarm sounded at the store. When investigators arrived they found shattered glass in front of the Luxury Garage Sale store, 1658 N. Wells St., officials said.
42 hours ago
1. Our new peak-a-boo mesh sweatshirt by North and Hudson really keeps the look chic and monochromatic.
45 hours ago
While there may be a lot of local places celebrating or restaurants offering specials, the “official” birthday party per the City of Chicago is at the Chicago History Museum, (1601 N. Clark Street) from from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with special remarks and music to pay tribute to the city.
46 hours ago
...celebrate, the city is hosting a birthday party at the Chicago History Museum, located at 1601 North Clark Street, from 10 a.m. - 1p.m. Wednesday.There will be music and special remarks to...
EveryBlock collects 25 types of news in Chicago — including articles, real estate listings, meetups and conversations neighbors are having — and organizes it by location. Here is all the recent news and discussion near 60610.