29 hours ago
Updated 3 hours ago
The proposal met little resistance at the meeting, held in the Catherine Cook School gymnasium at 226 W. Schiller St., because, Newman said, local residents didn't really know what it was about and didn't attend.This article has 3 other Chicago locations (Show)
...Community Services, a homeless agency now in the basement of Lincoln Park Presbyterian Church at 600 W. Fullerton Parkway, wants to expand to Old Town by buying the former Culinablu Living Kitchens building at...
...wants to expand to Old Town by buying the former Culinablu Living Kitchens building at 1521 N. Sedgwick St. and converting it into 20 permanent residences and 48 temporary rooms for the homeless, along...
...he lives near Deborah's Place, a women's homeless shelter down the street at 1530 N. Sedgwick, Newman insisted this was not a case of "not in my backyard" thinking. Rather, he...
5 hours ago
• Even Thieves, Black Swift, I Lost Control, Karma Wears White Ties: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 23, at Subterranean, 2011 W. North Ave., Chicago. $8-$10. (773) 278-6600 or subt.net.This article has 14 other Chicago locations (Show)
...the polished and eye-popping spectacle along with Mars' catalog of danceable hits. United Center, 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago. Tickets start at $141. unitedcenter.com. 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18; and Saturday...
...and Water Show this weekend along North Avenue Beach (visible from Fullerton to Oak Street), 1600 N. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago. No admission charge. cityofchicago.com. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and...
...screenings are part of the Music Box Matinee Series. The Music Box Theatre is at 3733 N. Southport Ave., Chicago. $8. musicboxtheatre.com. 11:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday Aug. 19-20
...Am Fest at the House of Blues with Littlebirds and Sin Anestesia. House of Blues, 329 N. Dearborn St., Chicago. $18. (312) 923-2000 or houseofblues.com. 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 19
...annual Dance for Life Chicago 2017 on Saturday at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, 50 E. Congress Parkway, Chicago. $15-$75. (312) 341-2300 or chicagodancersunited.org. 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug...
...headline Lincoln Hall with Akenya, Fay Ray (formerly Church Booty) and Steady Flow. Lincoln Hall, 2424 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $10-$15. (773) 525-2501 or lh-st.com. 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug...
• Trainwreck Symphony, Killing gods, Coyote Man, When Wealthy Fell: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18, at Bottom Lounge, 1375 W. Lake St., Chicago. $10. (312) 666-6775 or bottomlounge.com.
• Unwritten Law, Lost in Society, Horace Pinker: 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18, at Reggies, 2105 S. State St., Chicago. $20. (312) 949-0120 or reggieslive.com.
• Chicago Loud 9, Súbele: 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18, at Emporium, 1366 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago. Free. (773) 697-7922 or emporiumchicago.com.
• Kevin Griffin (of Better Than Ezra): 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 19, at SPACE, 1245 Chicago Ave., Evanston. $25-$78. (847) 492-8860 or evanstonspace.com.
• Viceroy at Afterlife: 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 19, at Annex Nightclub, 1958 W. North Ave., Chicago. $5-$10. (630) 291-5986 or afterlifechi.com.
• House on the Water featuring DJ noDJ: 9 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 20, at Estate, 1177 N. Elston Ave., Chicago. Free. (312) 523-4296 or estateultrabar.com.
• Cup Check, Centerfolds, Furlough, Riviera, Parachute Day: 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 24, at Beat Kitchen, 2100 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago. $10. (773) 281-4444 or beatkitchen.com.
• Three Minute Mile, Dear Dario: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 24, at Joe's on Weed Street, 940 W. Weed St., Chicago. $8-$10. (312) 337-3486 or joesbar.com.
10 hours ago
925 N. Damen Ave. Comment
ERECT 4 STORY 3 D.U. BUILDING WITH ROOF TOP DECK (3B CONSTRUCTION), ROOF TOP STAIR ENCLOSURES, REAR 4 STORY DECK W/STAIR, FRONT 3 STORY DECK, DETACHED 3 CAR GARAGE WITH ROOF TOP DECK (3B CONSTRUCTION) AS PER PLAN, REAR TERRACE AT 1ST FLOOR. **Certified Plan Corrections Project - Conditional Permit: Subject to field inspections **
1527 N. Wood St. Comment
GUT REMODELING AND 3RD STORY ADDITION TO A 2-UNIT BUILDING. NEW ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, AND PLUMBING SYSTEMS. EXISTING AND PROPOSED USE IS A-2 MULTI-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL (2 UNITS). **Certified Plan Corrections Project - Conditional Permit: Subject to field inspections **
1308 W. North Ave. Comment
***SELF CERTIFICATION PROCESS INTERIOR BUILDOUT FOR A NEW BUSINESS (GTI MEDICAL CANNABIS DISPENSARY). NEW STOREFRONT TO REPLACE EXISTING.PREVIOUS USE: E BUSINESS PROPOSED USE: E BUSINESS
1424 N. Cleaver St. Comment
INSTALLATION OF CLASS-I FA SYSTEM IN A 3-STORIED WITH BSMT CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL AS C3,TYPE-I OCCUPANCY. FEE WAIVED.
1030 N. State St. Comment
WORK IN UNIT CONDO 42L, REPAIR DRYWALL,REPLACE PLUMBING FIXTURES IN SAME LOCATION,INSTALL WASHER/DRYER; (ELECTRICAL MUST BE PULLED UNDER SEPARATE PERMIT)- SUBJECT TO FIELD INSPECTIONS
- Page 1 of 2
11 hours ago
- 1500 block N. Bosworth Ave. Comment
- 1200 block N. Cleaver St. Comment
- 1600 block N. Orchard St. Comment
- 1100 block N. State St. Comment
- 0 block E. Elm St. Comment
- 0 block W. Huron St. Comment
- 900 block N. Wells St. Comment
- 1300 block W. Fullerton Ave. Comment
- 2200 block W. Division St. Comment
- Page 1 of 2