4 hours ago
Updated 10 min ago
The boy was killed just before midnight in the 1100-block of North Harding Avenue in Chicago's Humboldt Park neighborhood on Saturday.He was standing with an unrelated 26...
25 min ago
Anyone know where I can properly dispose of old latex paint?
26 hours ago
Updated 2 hours ago
...26-year-old woman wounded. Police said both were standing on the sidewalk in the 1100 block of N. Harding just before midnight when shots were fired. The child was hit in the chest and...This article has 2 other Chicago locations (Show)
On the 7700 block of South Shore Drive, a 26-year-old man was killed around 1 a.m. The victim was sitting in his car when someone walked up and shot him. He was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead. No arrests have been made.
...were watching fireworks last night, and around 10 p.m. a shooting happened in the 200 block of East Ohio. A teen boy was shot twice in the abdomen when two groups of people got...
22 hours ago
Updated 7 hours ago
...grandmother's house for a July Fourth celebration, Hailey said. Someone opened fire in the 1100 block of North Harding Street about 11:55 p.m. Saturday, hitting the 7-year-old boy in the right...
Police officers blocked off the intersection of Harding Avenue and Thomas Street with yellow and red tape. The crime scene extended a half-block on Harding north of Thomas. Several neighbors gathered at each side of the scene, watching police officers.This article has 17 other Chicago locations (Show)
...neighborhood on the South Side, police said, citing preliminary information. The shooting happened on the 7700 block of South South Shore Drive. The man was taken to South Shore Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said...
• About 4 a.m. Sunday, a man was shot in the 400 block of North Cicero Avenue in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side. The 25-year-old was hit in the left leg and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in stable condition, police said.
...Two men on a South Side porch in the 5100 block of South Princeton Avenue in the Fuller Park neighborhood were shot about 3:55 a.m. Sunday, police said...
...were shot after an argument about 3:20 a.m. Sunday near the intersection of Washington Boulevard and Leclaire Avenue in the Austin neighborhood. A 24-year-old was shot in the right leg. Three...
• A 33-year-old woman was wounded about 2:45 a.m. Sunday in the 11100 block of South Parnell Avenue in the Roseland neighborhood on the Far South Side. She was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious condition with a head wound.
...condition. Someone fired at him from a gangway, police said. The shooting happened in the 7000 block of South Artesian Avenue...
• Someone shot a 27-year-old man in the chest about 2 a.m. Sunday in the 1900 block of East 71st Place in the South Shore neighborhood. The man was taken to a hospital with a chest wound. One person is in custody, and a weapon was recovered.
• A 24-year-old man was shot about 1:55 a.m. Sunday in the 5800 block of West Bloomingdale Avenue in the North Austin neighborhood on the West Side. He walked into West Suburban Medical Center with a groin wound and was transferred in critical condition to Loyola University Medical Center.
...neighborhood on the South Side, police said. The man was on a sidewalk in the 600 block of West 54th Street when a gunman walked up to him and fired shots, striking him in the chest...
• A 25-year-old man was shot about 1 a.m. Sunday in the Brighton Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side. He was shot in the 3200 block of West 38th Street and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• A 34-year-old man lighting fireworks was shot in the arm about 12:40 a.m. Sunday in the 4200 block of West 24th Street in the Little Village neighborhood on the Southwest Side. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he's expected to recover.
...Two teens were shot about 12:10 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of Hudson Avenue in the Old Town neighborhood on the Near North Side. A 16-year-old boy...
...An 18-year-old woman was shot a few minutes after midnight in the 9700 block of South Greenwood Avenue in the Cottage Grove Heights neighborhood on the Far South Side. She was shot by...
• About 10:50 p.m. Saturday, a 20-year-old man was shot in the 4800 block of South Kilbourn Avenue in the Archer Heights neighborhood. on the Southwest Side He walked into a nearby firehouse and was taken to MacNeal Hospital in stable condition, police said. He suffered a forearm wound.
...a shooting in the Little Village neighborhood, police said. The man was walking in the 3000 block of South Trumbull Avenue when someone fired shots from a passing green van, police said. He was struck in...
...his late teens, lay in a pool of blood outside a condominium building in the 200 block of East Ohio about 10 p.m., and a shell casing was found nearby. Police said the man...
...p.m. Saturday, according to police. The two, 20 and 24, were shot in the 9200 block of South Forest Avenue in the West Chesterfield neighborhood on the South Side. Police parked in front of a...
2 days ago
Updated 10 hours ago
Wtf are all those booming noises going off in the middle of the effing night between Campbell and California along division? Been hearing them the last couple of weeks.
3 days ago
Updated 17 hours ago
2 days ago
Updated 22 hours ago
Did anyone else lose power around 4:20?
24 hours ago
Updated 22 hours ago
Chicago police said the boy and a 26-year-old woman were both shot while standing on a sidewalk shortly before midnight in the 1100 block of North Harding Avenue. The woman was also taken to Stroger Hospital, where her condition was stabilized, according to Officer Ron Gaines, a police spokesman.
More than two dozen officers, including detectives and evidence investigators, worked the crime scene on Harding Avenue and Thomas Street as fireworks crackled throughout the neighborhood.
Down the block on Harding toward Division Street, at a little playground, one or two small children were seen playing by themselves after midnight.
3 days ago
Updated 23 hours ago
Boyle, of the 1500 block of North Pulaski Road; and Stropes, of the 2000 block of West Arthur Avenue, are scheduled to appear in bond court Thursday.This article has 3 other Chicago locations (Show)
The fight happened about 3:30 p.m. Monday in the 2100 block of West Windsor Avenue, police said. One of the men, armed with a knife, stabbed 20-year-old Angelica Escamilla, according to police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office. A 19-year-old man was also beaten.
Escamilla, of the 4200 block of North Lincoln Avenue, was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead at 4:20 p.m., according to the medical examiner’s office.
Boyle, of the 1500 block of North Pulaski Road; and Stropes, of the 2000 block of West Arthur Avenue, are scheduled to appear in bond court Thursday.