Added Nov 20 2012
- Inspection date
- November 14, 2012
- Doing business as
- Nhu Lan Bakery
- Inspection ID
- License number
- Facility type
- Risk 1 (High)
- Inspection type
3. Potentially hazardous food meets temperature requirement during storage, preparation display and service
Comments:various packaged, cooked potentially hazardous foods (pork, rice, egg, shrimp, mushrooms) on display counter without any temperature holding method being applied. Foods at improper temperatures ranging from 72.7f to 126.4f. Must keep potentially hazardous foods at 40f or less or 140f or above. Foods denatured and discarded during inspection. Approxiamate weight: 28#, value: $229.00. Critical violation, 7-38-005a.
13. No evidence of rodent or insect infestation, no birds, turtles or other animals
Comments:evidence of cockroach infestation. Sighted live cockroaches in following areas: inside ice machine, on wall above ice machine, on large mixer, on bag of flour, inside electrical boxes, on walls around rear cooking equipment and large mixer, in crevices of wood shelving, in reach-in cooler gaskets, on paper liners in front of microwaves. Over 50 live roaches, nymph and adult. Critical violation, 7-38-020. Over 1/4 inch gap to outside at bottom of front door. Must seal opening. must eliminate cockroach activity. Have premises serviced by licensed pest control company. Caulk and seal (smoothly) all gaps/crevices through-out premises. Comply with following instructions regarding sanitation and maintenance of premises.
16. Food protected during storage, preparation, display, service and transportation
Comments:food not protected during display and storage. Found rack of bread on display in customer area without any protective barrier in place, lid missing from customer self-service bread bin. Opened bottle of soda stored on ice inside ice machine. Container of windex glass cleaner hanging above open pitcher of mushrooms soaking in water. Serious violation, 7-38-005a. Must provide protective barriers or sneezeguards for foods on display for customer self-service. Ice from bin was discarded and windex removed to non-food storage space.
19. Outside garbage waste grease and storage area; clean, rodent proof, all containers covered
Comments:outside garbage container (dumpster) in poor repair, hole in side of container. Accumulated wood, debris and equipment in rear yard of building, possible rodent harborage. Must repair or replace garbage container. Remove all debris and equipment from outside rear of premises and maintain area. Serious violation, 7-38-020.
30. Food in original container, properly labeled: customer advisory posted as needed
Comments:packaged food and drink in display coolers without labels. Must label with contents name, ingredients and source. label containers with contents name in walk-in cooler and freezer.
31. Clean multi-use utensils and single service articles properly stored: no reuse of single service articles
Comments:knives improperly stored between electrical conduit and cooler. Must provide sanitary knife rack for storage of utensils.
32. Food and non-food contact surfaces properly designed, constructed and maintained
Comments:all unfinished wood surfaces must be finished to be easily cleanable and non-absorbant. must install washable splashguard between exposed handsink and 3 compartment sink drainboard. provide cover for ice bin at smoothie prep area. peeling finish (paint) on surfaces of mixer. Must refinish same.
33. Food and non-food contact equipment utensils clean, free of abrasive detergents
Comments:following not clean: interior surfaces of ice machine, cooler gaskets, cooking equipment, shelving/racks. Must clean and maintain same.
34. Floors: constructed per code, cleaned, good repair, covering installed, dust-less cleaning methods used
Comments:broken and missing floor tiles through-out premises. Must repair floor to be smooth and easily cleanable. Must clean floor through-out, remove grease, litter and debris.
35. Walls, ceilings, attached equipment constructed per code: good repair, surfaces clean and dust-less cleaning methods
Comments:must seal all gaps and crevices on walls and around attached equipment, pipes, conduits etc through-out. Replace stained ceiling tiles. Clean all dirt/dust from all wall and ceiling vent covers
36. Lighting: required minimum foot-candles of light provided, fixtures shielded
Comments:broken lightshields in prep areas. Must replace. Provide solid lightshield above rear mixing bowl.
38. Ventilation: rooms and equipment vented as required: plumbing: installed and maintained
Comments:no visible backflow prevention devices on inside or outside hose bibbs (hose attached under 3 compartment sink) or water supply line to ice machine. Must install same.
41. Premises maintained free of litter, unnecessary articles, cleaning equipment properly stored
Comments:mop sink inaccessible, supplies piled-up inside sink. Walk-in cooler and freezer are overstocked, cannot enter units. Must keep mop sink and walk-in units maintained and accessible.
- Other known inspections
July 5, 2016 (Pass)
June 24, 2016 (Fail)
April 15, 2015 (Pass w/ Conditions)
November 7, 2014 (Pass)
March 7, 2014 (Pass)
February 25, 2014 (Fail)
June 4, 2013 (Pass)
May 20, 2013 (Pass w/ Conditions)
November 21, 2012 (Pass)
November 20, 2012 (Fail)
We group inspections by license number. Since a given business might operate under multiple licenses, this list may be incomplete.