Added Mar 22 2012
I sent the following message to nearly 14,000 recipients in and around Rogers Park today:
My office has received reports that some neighborhood dogs may have died as a result of eating poison. Though none of these deaths have been confirmed officially, the owner of Rogers Bark, a neighborhood pet salon, reports that one of her customer's dogs was euthanized on Sunday after ingesting a poisonous substance that her veterinarian believed to be "squirrel poison." There are unconfirmed reports that another three dogs may have died after ingesting the same poisonous substance.
The poisoning occurred in the vicinity of Clark and Touhy, but pet owners should exercise caution everywhere and not allow their pets to ingest any unusual substances.
For more information including a possible photo of the substance, see below or visit Rogers Bark's Facebook page at:
Please let my office know if you see any unusual substance in the area. Please either reply to this e-mail or call 773-338-5796 and be as specific as possible. I will keep you updated if any new information arises.